BUS DIVERSIONS DURING BECKENHAM HIGH STREET WORKS
Routes passing through Beckenham High Street are 54, 162, 194, 227, 352, 354, 358, 367, and N3.
Phases one and two of works have started – from Beckenham Junction to Thornton’s Corner.
Download full information on each route here – Bus Diversions
There will be slight changes to how often buses are run, mostly just a couple of minutes, but for the 367, there will be 5 minutes extra between buses.
The first diversions will start on 11 March, lasting to mid August. The whole project will last approximately 18 months, with a number of phases as the works move down the High Street from Albemarle Road to the War Memorial.
In all phases buses will remain on their normal routes towards Bromley or Woolwich but will be diverted on their routes towards Crystal Palace, Beckenham or Croydon, past the relevant section of the High Street. TfL are planning to have three phases of diversion, with a break over Christmas 2017-
- from 11 March to mid August 2017.
- from mid August 2017 until mid-November 2017.
- Between mid-November 2017 and early January 2018 the High Street should reopen fully, with no buses diverted.
- Then the final phase will be from early January 2018 to some time in Summer 2018.
There will be “in-bus announcements” that the next bus stop is closed, notices on bus stops, and drivers will advise on the route.
And there will be two temporary bus stops
- Rectory Road (new stop G opposite the tram stop), diverted buses will also use existing bus stop W near Vicarage Drive (used by route 352).
- St George’s Road (stop Z, near Bromley Road) between 11 March and mid-August 2017 for route 162 towards Eltham only.
WBRA will update information here, and updates can also be found on TfL’s website www.tfl.gov.uk/BusChanges