Beckenham Improvements work update
Work for weeks commencing the 24th July 2017.
- Kerb laying and paving continuing north from Church Avenue.
- The construction of the new planters on Beckenham Green will continue.
- Transport for London traffic signals work at the Bromley Road/Church Road/High Street Junction are continuing. The old traffic islands at this junction will be removed.
- Pavement laying will commence adjoining the planters on Beckenham Green.
In order to ensure the completion of Phase 2 on programme Conway’s will be working extended hours to 8pm and at the weekend.
For reference some works such as traffic signals and power connections are conducted by outside agencies such as Transport for London and UKPN. The project does not have control of these works and therefore trenches such as at the Albemarle and High Street junction cannot be filled.
Previous completed works
- At the corner of Church Avenue and High Street; kerb, drainage, paving have been completed.
A Big Thank You from LB Bromley and Conways
Increasingly the project team and FM Conway have been receiving compliments about the improvements and the site contractors. Thank you for these. It is also much appreciated that businesses are working with and acknowledging that the site contractors of FM Conway are endeavouring to minimise disruption as much as possible.
We are aware that the works do cause noise and disruption. FM Conway will try and minimise the space for materials storage outside Beckenham Green as soon as possible. In the meantime thank you for your patience if you are affected.